(Jeff’s 4th Great Uncle)
Passed: Napa 1883
- Arrived in Sutter’s Fort 1846 prior to the Donner party, employed by John Sutter
- Took play in California’s first gold mining 1848, he had experience from the river Aare in Switzerland his native country where he had practical experience in washing the sands.
- 1852 purchased land from John Sutter and planted one of California’s first wine producing vineyards
- 1856 first vintage
- Saloon proprietor in old town Sacramento
- Was in Sonoma with General Guadalupe Vallejo (possibly during the Bear Flag Revolt)