(Jeff’s Great Uncle)
Born: San Pablo, CA 1911
Passed: St. Helena, CA 2001
- Farmed grapes and orchard crops in Napa Valley for over 60 years.
- Home winemaker
- Produced wine with his father-in-law Gioachino Riorda at Sunnyhill Winery.
- Assisted in running Sunny St. Helena Wine Company for many years.
- Drove truck for Beringer Winery hauling both wine and grapes from all over Northern California. (his wife would often accompany him on the early 3AM runs to Geyserville and beyond)
- 1946 owned Sutter Home Winery for a short period of time then sold to two brothers, John J. and Mario Trinchero
- Loved the outdoors, gardening and baseball, (played for the Blue Sox, St. Helena semi-pro baseball team in the 1950’s)